Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New writing adventure

I am doing something I am not use to doing but I hope it turns out alright....The girl is in a creative writing class and has to chart her emotions through the semester...it will end up spanning a year in college because she enjoys the venting. She is to not use the same emotion twice & she must chose a dictionary definition and also define it herself. after defining it she will recall and recount memories or things that made her feel that way...This is the first entry it is not an emotion but rather how I figured it could uniquly tie the book together....

Please Comment if you have any ways I can make this better or even if you just like it...
THANKS Y'all & Blessings


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emery Jude Dixon

Emery: English in origin and means work ruler. Originally an English surname.

Jude: English in origin meaning from Judea

Dixon: English in origin meaning son of Richard

My thoughts: At least my parents stuck with the English origin. And I can’t blame the last name from being wrong. My grandfather’s name is Garth. In school I always went by E.J. Dixon. It was neither too feminine or to masculine and it always fit on the back of a rodeo team shirt.



So, my creative writing professor has given us a challenge. To start this journal and to track our emotions throughout the semester. We cannot use the same emotion twice and we must not only define it with the help of Mr. Webster but through our excerpt allowing our reader to sense and feel our emotions. For one I would almost think this was a crock of bull except for after compiling said journal I hope to show my grandmother that I belong as an English major and not a science one.

My first excerpt is supposed to lay the land out for my readers. He said, “ ‘ Give them a glimpse into their subject.’ “Well, here I am boring you with a glimpse. So far you know my name. I’m Emery and while you can call me E.J. If you want, I should knock one thing out for you right away. I am and will always be a cowgirl. So, if you are hesitant to read on understand. I say the words please and thank you. In my dialog I don’t like the letter g. I talk slow but I am not stupid. I am tough….which makes this project tough. Why should I let the world feel my  raw emotions. Well, consider this your warning that this project will become real and uncut. He expressed that we can leave this uncensored and real so I also suppose I should describe myself: I am about 5 Ft. 6 but taller with my boots on, I have auburn hair and paralyzing green eyes. My skin is fairly pale but I do have some freckles from working out in the sun. I am of average build and unlike Barbie I have natural curves. I wear my hair most commonly to the side in a braid. I don’t have a boyfriend and my guardians are my grandparents. I suppose if that’s not laying the land for my readers than he can shove it. You’re bound to learn more than you bargained for in the months ahead.

Leaving the corral,

E.J. Dixon



No comments: