Monday, November 14, 2011

Sometimes what you wanted was always inside of you

Growing up I always thought I was such an abnormal person. I have a hard time walking  on an even surface, I have always loved learning new things, and while all my other friends wanted to be pop princesses I wanted to be like Loretta & Reba.
    I'm 22 and on the cusp of turning 23 in 14 days. I can say that there is a lot of things I have wanted in life and some I haven't gotten & others are still in the beginning stages. As I await patiently to learn my fate about Physical Therapy school and a life changing move to Texas I couldn't help but have a nostalgic weekend.
      I never realized how a town could still hold memories so crisp and clear. Every time I return to my College Alma Mater I get excited and I am happy with the people I get to see. There are friends from my numerous organizations but many of them have become more than friends. A lot of them actually help me realize that I am greater than I ever could have imagined. They have shown me that my whole life of me hiding behind my weight & glasses was hiding somethings that the world deserved to see.
     I let this fear of turning into a carbon compressed diamond blind me from showing the world the pearl I am. I felt so comfortable in my shell & never imagined the day of my harvest. We are all pearls...all unique and stand for different things. We all have different dreams & goals but sometimes you realize that the differences you thought made you abnormal really made you the same as people you probably didn't expect.
   Today I discovered that many people I have considered to be my biggest competition and I have a lot in common. so, as I despised them for getting what I fought for I was really despising parts of myself (hmm...am I a genius or what?).
     Although, I know I am a dreamer and live to accomplish every new one and old one I have ever imagined I also know that sometimes what you strive for the most has always been inside of you.
 Such as my caring heart or my uncanny way with words. So, when you feel like you have nothing good to bring to the world look inside of you. Your voice could start the rally for something important so when you think that what you want is something in this world know that you have great things within you! Use your talents & enjoy the outcomes!

When you fear blinding people like a diamond, don't forget how you glisten you beautiful Pearl!

Blessings & well Wishes

No comments: