Sunday, September 13, 2015

Never Partied with Jake Ward? You'll want to!

I know it's not music Monday but I am going to call this a shout out Sunday. Many of you have seen the evolution of my musical preferences and the journey I have taken. Prior to traveling to Texas I knew a select few Texas Red Dirt artist. My list increases daily and I was lucky about 3 months ago of adding Jake Ward to that list.
   An Artist out of Corpus Christi, TX, Jake elevates the singer/songwriter persona. From his soft ballads to his high energy songs that makes one want to two step and stomp their boots.
     I have seen both sides of Jake Ward. The first time at Red's roadhouse. An acoustic set with a flair that is all his own to a full band appearance at the iconic Gruene Hall, one of the oldest dance halls in Texas. Jake like other TX artist see the stories clearly and sings them with power packed emotions and a full band that not only includes a fiddle player (Because in Texas you gotta have one of those in the band) but a great group of guys who harmonize perfectly and bring the same energy level as Jake does to every song.
     One song off his new album that surprised me in complexity is his song called One More Night. The line " if I told you that I loved you, would you say it back to me." followed closely by "One more night of being lonely." The human experience wrapped up in 3 minutes and 52 seconds.
      As I continue to trek to see Texas concerts I feel that it not only the artist that blow me away but the venues. As Jake and his boys were playing feeling the iconic wood of Gruene Hall underneath my boots and feeling the vibrations for their set elevated the full musical experience.

 Jake's Album Love Don't Live Here, is a new release as of a week ago and should be a part of YOUR Playlist. The song variety, the catchy tunes that keep your wanting more for Mr. Ward and the genuine quiet confidence that drips off every lyric.

If you ever get the chance Party with the Texas version of Jay Gatsby: Jake Ward!


#ShoutoutSunday #LoveDontLiveHere #JakeWard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly well written review, and spot on! I didn't see the Gruene show but I've seen Jake and the band several times and they are one of the hottest up and coming groups in Texas.