Sunday, February 12, 2012

Being scared makes it worth it

So...Y'all wonder why I titled it this. In life we all get scared. Moments, situations, or even fears make us scared of ourselves, our surroundings, or our views.

I am not going to lie...I am a girl who hates Scary movies. I do occasionally watch them and end up either laughing hysterically or asking someone to stay up all night with me. I am also scared the first time I drive some place I don't know, yet I love getting lost.

In life...if you never step out of your zone of comfort then you are stuck not living. Life is meant to have moment that scare you....moments that you hold your breathe waiting to see what is going to happen next.

People use the roller coaster analogy for life and I understand why...the first time you strap into a coaster you've never ridden your anticipating how fast its gonna take you...the turns and ultimately the fear of looking dumb on the camera. However, many people overcome their fears and get on the coaster anyways. I know I do.

This takes me back to my junior summer in college. I had gotten and internship in Sturgis, South Dakota. Grant it I had been on road trips with my family, and had driven from the UP of Michigan.back to Missouri where I live with the help of my grandma. However, an 11 hour trip all by myself. I was scared. What if my mom was right?  What if I should have tried harder to get an internship close to home. Luckily I broke the driving trip into a 4 and a 8 hours trip. I stopped in Omaha to see an old Roommate and then headed out.

I remember the day I left Omaha...I wanted to get to Sturgis so Bad. Driving through the Badlands I remember all the iconic films that had been shot there. The wide open spaces soothed my soul and the fears I had flew out the window like the lyrics on the Cd's I was jamming too.

The ride home was just as freeing. It was that time that I knew I could make it. I suppose this was a momentous step for me...Just having lost my best friend a year prior.

I scare myself about will I ever get into PT school. Will I ever get the chance to work for Doc Freeman? Will anyone find the strength to keep going from a word of phrase I've said? 

Life isn't about staying in an air tight bubble. It's about finding a line that makes you uneasy to cross...and jumping over. Not looking at the consequences but embracing the experience.

Love scares me but I found someone that I want to fall in love with. I hope he wants that too... I want to be scared about every aspect of that but I want to find the beauty hidden in it!

So, at the moment in which fear starts kicking in...remember you actually living your life right there.

Blessings Y'all

No comments: