Thursday, May 16, 2013

You are my fairy tale

I am sure that phrase doesn't suit you anymore. Somedays, your more like a nightmare. The blissfulness once shared is now the pitfall of my lonely heart. Why must we encourage fairy tales? Why do we let magic and mystery rule such a simple act such as love.

Maybe because LOVE can be defined so many different ways, it not only emotionally elicits feelings of grandeur but physically makes our bodies feel better. It takes away insecurities and heightens our sense of awareness.

I write romance novels. I love the way my characters can torture each other down to the depths of their souls but in the end in a miraculous fate they find out that they are better together than as single units. Right now Cade Crawley is waitin' for the stubborn Emery Dixon to realize that the outside world should not be were she draws validation of oneself but rather she should look within to find all her grand qualities. For Cade, Emery has become like a lighthouse, a refuge in a sea of chaos and despair. However, for Miss Dixon, love doesn't come so easily. Where did Love go wrong for her? Why must she make Cade fight to make it alright again?

You are my Cade Crawley, you've softly suggested that I give up lookin' for acceptance from the unknown world and find that from within. Yet, we haven't spoken in sometime and I do not feel like a phone call could properly thank you. A year ago, I believed you could be the one to rescue me, to save me from my own demise. I believed that you were sent to me, to remind me that laughter and smiles are perhaps the least accounted currency in ones lives and yet they bring the greatest joy. How is it that as perfect strangers we talked more than as friends? Maybe like most girls, I read only the lines I wanted to see, and left the unknown ones blurred.

If you ever come across this I want you to know that you reminded me what it was like to live. You reminded me that I still have a purpose and that purpose may be unclear to me but in due time it will unfold. You have a great adventure in front of you as well and I'm sorry that I wasn't meant to come along to help you when you've fallen. In my heart you'll always be my fairy tale but in my mind you might be the most tragic of missed opportunities.


No comments: