Sunday, October 17, 2010

Music to my Ears

I still find it funny how some songs can entice me and intrigue me. Yesterday when I was a little down and frusterated with my situation in life the songs Mama's Song,  Leaving Home, as well as Mine spoke to me. Yes, these are all country songs and as my name suggests I am a huge country fan. Some people I know dislike country music for the obession with the steel guitar, the same storyline with different lyrical refrains, or maybe it's just the intimacy of country music in a way. They ain't afaird to tell you their love story, or their love gone wrong story, and even their party story. Though the three songs I mentioned all spoke to me in different ways. Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood spoke to how my Mom may react when the time comes that I fall in love and take the next step in my life and become someone's wife. Although, the course struck my chord of a certain someone, I know that it's possible that he may not be the one I end up with in the end. Leaving Home made me realize that when if and when I get accepted into Texas I will be leaving a life so concerte for a life that is full of uncertanity. Though, I know that every step of the way my Mom will be there for me. Taylor Swift's mine is a whole different story. In a way it exposes my insecruity to let someone in. Though, it also peaks my interest in being made a rebel of love. Only having a single boyfriend in my life has caused a few uncertainities in my life, it has also caused me to act like a wild horse when it comes to guys, although it's not like guys flock to me for love and attention. The part about the making a rebel out of the careless fathers careful daughter is the epitome of me. With my heart, I am careful then I was when I was growing up, I have come to protect it like a gaurd. Which is a good and bad thing?
However, I wondered if other people turned to music as a cure. Sometimes, when I am need of a renewal I will turn to a song and let it take me away. When I think of my departed best friend I think of the Band Perry " If I die young." This song gives me the hope I feel that I am missing with her gone.
To me, Music isn't just notes and lyrics, they are stories, cures, and an escape. Although, I love all types of musics I know for sure I will always be a country fan for it's steel guitar screamin, twang bangin' sound...and I only hope that others one day will find refuge in the songs that these artist give to us.
Well, I am out of the arena....I should probably turn in for the night, big day ahead of me!

No comments: