Sunday, September 11, 2011

What you learn in 10 years?

Ten years ago today I was sitting in a 7th grade science classroom. As the bell rang to change classes all I could remember was seeing that plane hit the second tower. I remember going into my reading class and hearing a very wise 8th grade history teacher tell my reading teacher to turn back on the TV. He told her that if we do not watch history we won't understand it later. So all day our teachers let us sit and stare at the Televison. I feel like I was glossy eyed most of the day.
 When I got home all I could remember is wanting to watch some stupid cartoon and yet everything seemed to be momentarily frozen on the events that had occured in the morning hours.

Now, as a 22 year old women I am disguisted with my niavity. For I should have listened to that very wise 8th grade teacher. He has warned me that my life was bound to change by a senseless incident that happened miles away from my once small town. I didn't lose anyone in the attacks that took place that day but as the years passed ive watched countless documentaries...went to relive that day at the traveling exhibit and even questions what would I have done.

In those ten years...I've grown, I've learned, and I still don't understand why so many people had to lose their lives that day. I heard the Heaven remix-2011 by Dj Sammy yesterday on my way to work. To think of all the children who lost their parents. I know I at time take my parents for granted. I sometimes forget to say I LOVE YOU or even take the time to ask them how things are going. However, I cannot imagine how I would feel if I couldn't see them sporting their proud parent shirts from my college alma mater or remind me of my great character.

Three years ago the day after 9/11 an event that doesnt rock a nation occured. I lost my best friend. When we witnessed the events of 9/11 we thought we were invicible. We thought we would be dancing at each others weddings and making fun of each other when we got pregant and all the other things best friends do...but then I remember that it's only been three years. Ten years ago....A LOT OF PEOPLE LOST THEIR BEST FRIENDS!

So here's to never forgetting the history that has unfolded before us. Here is to never forgetting the power of each other. HERE IS TO BEING GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOU HAVE. HERE IS TO LOVING YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FRIENDS. MOST OF ALL HERE IS TO BEING BLESSED ENOUGH TO GROW UP IN A COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE ARE SELFLESS ENOUGH TO DIE FOR THE DREAMS YOU IMAGINE!

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL YOU DO AND MAY THIS NATION REALIZE THAT WE WERE BUILT ON YOU. SO WE MUST STAND STRONG AND NEVER DIVIDED!

NEVER FORGET BUT RISE ABOVE

No comments: