Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Speak your mind

  I know in the past it was frowned upon for a woman to have her own thoughts, dreams, and ambitions...but that was so 1920s. We have come on the times where a Woman while she may not get elected can be on a ballet to run for president. A woman can be secratary of homeland security. Sure, there are still glass ceilings for woman in the work place but one thing and one reason I have fallen in love with the Western Lifestyle is because every woman speaks her mind.
    A cowgirl is taught to ride high in the saddle, always holding her head high, she is taught to shoot straight, how to cook a mean meal for millions, and how to be one of the boys while at work but a woman in the bedroom. She can be one of the sweetest girls you ever meet but if you cross her she can be more dangerous than a rattlesnake.
    I grew up so scared to show the world who I was. In high school I wore a mask and some people don't believe it but while I chose to live my life out loud that is not how I was living in the four walls of that building. I then got cheated on and felt like shit. Like I was worthless.
   I got to college and the first chant that taught us was called "All My Life...." there is a line that says Go Go Get em Get em and when you got em say Hoo Ha Hoo Ha....In four years of college among learning about Psychology and Biology I learned quite the art of trash talk and I am okay with that. Our rivals know that when we walk in...they should be afaird. Fear the Paw is a common saying around the campus and in life I still want people to FEAR MY PAW.
    When I walk into the room with my boots on I am not doing it to declare something. I am doing it because its who I am. I am a fiesty red-head that after years of hiding behind what she thought she should be doing is finally living for her. I climb in the saddle and you sure as hell am not gonna get me off of it easily.
    I made a comment about Carrie Underwood today. I dont support her...never really have. I found out last year that she donated a large sum of money to take rodeo down....and so my comment to some may had been uncalled for...but I was not spreading lies or bull shit about her. I dont support her I wasnt telling the world not to. I may have been just one voice that said something but I know countless other RODEO riders and Fans who CANT STAND HER.
      To the rest of the world Rodeo is just some extreme sport. To the Western World it is a tradition. As American as Apple Pie ala mode. The cowboys and cowgirls who risk their pocket books to make a living are heros in their own right.  To a fan like me, they are people I wish I could be. So, yes, I voice my opposition to Rodeo being taken away because one of my very good friends is a Rodeo Cowboy and his Fiance is a stock contractor. It breaks my heart to thank that while I am fighting to get into school for what I love that some people would try to take his livelihood away. They DONT KNOW HIM. THEY HAVENT SEEN HIM DEFY DEATH TO RIDE AGAIN.
    My soul sista dreams of being a bucking horse owner. Its a dream I am so proud of for her. I know she is just learning but she is doing her best to learn everything. She is the Future. She started a Rodeo chat and low and behold on thursday nights we get to unite all the way from the US, to Canada, To Brazil, To Aussieland, To Wales, To England....and we talk about Rodeo. How can so many people love it and yet the world sees it as dumb, useless, harming.
    Even if I didnt make you think twice about your stance on the legacy of the rodeo cowboy or cowgirl I hope you take from this blog to never rest on things that you believe in. If you are passionate for something...Speak your mind. Just like today, twitter and facebook was a hot topic for the group Invisible Children. A group of three guys trying to stop a horrible LRA rebel by the name of Joesph Kony, who abducts kids and turns the boys into soliders and the girls into sex slaves and demostistic partners. FIND YOUR PASSION, SPEAK YOUR MIND

Blessings and Well Wishes to All

No comments: