Saturday, March 24, 2012

What A party?

 So, as y'all can decode from my Sunday music blogs I am a huge...make that MEGA country music fan...and I am not talking Taylor Swift Country. I was raised with bands who had the fiddle and steel whining...a haunting sensation in most done me wrong songs. Friday I was lucky to go celebrate my favorite Radio Stations birthday with them. It featured some new artist I have come to love...One was Jason Cassidy.
    Let me get into Jason Cassidy. I first heard his what if song on the radio and thanks to good old Spotify I learned to devour all of his songs. My cousin had mentioned seeing Cassidy and his band on the morning news but I unfortunately missed the performance. I didn't however miss one of the best shows. Cassidy voice is pure and so country. Coming out of Texas you know I have to tip my hat to him. As I got lost in his melodic magic, I also couldn't help but feel my soul scream as his fiddle player got down. I truly believe that to have a country soul, you can not deny that you need a little fiddle-de-dee in your life. Cassidy is going to make it big, he is going to start the positive revolution to return country to it's rightful backwoods home. I got to touch Cassidy Hands twice and so Loved his hook em horns hat...I think that's cause y'all know I love Texas. I guarantee if you grew up in the age of Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, and all those other kick ass 90's artist you will want to check the cool cat Jason Cassidy out especially What if...it's not the same old sad love song * insert clever smile here*.
     The second person to perform was this guy name Jon Pardi...I didn't know him at all..Shocker since i usually only listen to mainstream artist when I have the radio on. I loved his guitar strap but unfortunately I need to listen to him more to really get the musical overdose that I got from Cassidy and the others.
     Okay, this paragraph is going to be long. The third performance was from the dynamic trio Eden's Edge. From the time I heard Amen, I feel in love with their playful lyrics and undeniable country sass. Even though Dean is in the trio, you definitely feel the playfulness from Hannah and Cherill. Cherill plays a mean mandolin...plus she has become one of my fashion icons along with Hannah. What I love about Hannah's voice is it is so authentic...not fabricated and that girl can belt out the notes. I love how Dean compliments the girls and he plays a mean guitar. Of course we all know their smash hit, but it is there song Swinging Door that has been an obsession for  a few weeks now. It country/ Americana roots run thick, as the trio headed by Hannah's fiery sass tells a man who was once in one of the girls lives that his train doesn't need to pull into the depot anymore...Well the lyrics say stop, but same thing. My favorite line is "You have a girl in every cow town." I suppose this is because I am so sure that my ex was playing me as a jaded fool, but he can run off to those other girls. Although, one song that really got me was their song Cherry Pie. Hannah explained that Dean and some friends had this idea to write a song and called Hannah up to ask who inspired her, to Hannah growing up in Arkansas it was her Welsh Pony named Cherry Pie. However, the lyrics related to the same feelings and devotions that I had with my best friend. The song brought tears to my eyes. I also got to touch Hannah's hand and Cherill could tell I was groovin'. I absolutely as they played felt like my soul was dancin' on the stage and that is what country music is all about. If you haven't felt the dimensional depth of this trio...go on a ride, you will be surprised and smilin' after every trip/
      The final performer was Josh Thompson, a lot of people know him as the beer on the table guy, and the Way out Here. I have to tell you, Josh is beyond that. He is an amazing performer, has an amazing smile, can play the guitar, and his songs man they send this sort of energy over you that you cant control. While sing Way out Here I swear Whiskey Tangos felt like some Southern Country Revival, as if as we all balled our hands in a Rosie the Riveter fashion that we were going to take the world down, if not alone but together. However, Josh has a huge influence in his music from outlaw country singers and I love the line in one of his songs and he sings " I blame it on Waylon." I also love his song about losing yourself to someone for the first time and the feeling you get, the line " We lost more than a diamond earring." signifies that coming of age bliss. Josh pumped up the crowd and had us all singin' every word. One thing I loved about Josh's band is it featured a steel guitar player. I have to admit, I am envious of Steel guitar players. From a young age when I would hear that high whine in one of the songs I was listening to I would feel my heart burst. His steel player was awesome and I enjoyed his banjo playin' also. However, Josh Thompson made me cry when he played his song called Sinner...Josh said he had been searchin' everywhere to find a song that was the epitome of him, and he found it in that song. The song recalls that we all feel a sin coming on but a Sinner is thankful that God will never quit on him or her. The song gives me chills when I listen to it because like Josh I know if there was a limited space in Heaven I would not be going there.
   If you are looking for true country music...take a listen to some of these artist. If you want to go back in time, have a line morph into a memory take a ride down their lyrical roads and you are sure to find a few artist that you can't help but sing along to even when there music isn't on.

God Bless

No comments: