Monday, August 15, 2011

Turning Point

I am sure in life we all have those moments when we question our intellectual capability of decision making. One thing my turning point i guess forgot about was the need to take care of myself. So this summer I have made myself a priority and have lost 7 pant sizes and while I am not done yet...tonight affirmed to me that I am doing better.

While in high school I was almost diagnosed with high blood pressure. Ever since then I tried to self monitor and I would always be a little hypertensive. Well tonight when we were out I tested and for the first time both my numbers were below normal and my heart beats per minute were not crazy erratic either. So needless to say I feel really good. I mean I do not look into the mirror and see the person I want to see yet but I am still going to work towards the goal. Keep my eye on the prize so to speak.


However, there is another thing going on in my life that doesn't seem to be turning around. My love life. While, I am not trying to be overly concerned or traumatic. Sometimes my sisters have bad judgement and love is not a strong suit I suppose in my family. Backround knowledge I come from a divorced family. My mom remarried and my step dad is AMAZING! I love both my parents and they have done a lot for me and my two sisters. While, my older sister has three adoreable kids but unfortunatly only has custody of two of them. So, I ask myself when will she turn her life around for them two. Tonight, we went and picked up my niece stuff to get ready for her first day of school. I can't believe she is even old enough to go to school. Although, I am now straying off topic. Sorry for those tad bits of randomness. Anyways, I wonder why my sister cannot put her foolishness or her ideals away for the two most wonderful kids in the world. I am not saying that because they are related to me or anything but truly they bring smiles to my faces.

I have a younger sister and following dangerously in my older sisters footsteps. She has a daughter and I love her to death. We have dance parties constantly which I do not mind at all. Our love for music is real deep. Now, her problem is needing a turning point on her weight also and her future. She just graduated high school which is a huge accomplishment but its time to better yourself for your daughter.

I guess I have no real room to speak. I am not a mom and I am rather selfish as my family points out at times. I suppose the selfishness comes because I know I am capable of achieveing things greater than my thoughts or dreams. So I push myself to figure out what exactly my purpose is I suppose is the words I am looking for.

I didn't write this blog to degraded my sisters. I love them for who they are and love the little people they have brought into it. I wrote this blog I suppose to tell you its never to late to step back and reevaluate. Sometimes we all need to look at things from a fresh perspective.

For life is merely like a game of cards. It takes skill and strategy to learn to play. Though in this game there is only one shot and sometimes we have to lay the cards down and tell ourselves....this is only one turning point of many on the S curve commonly called life.

Blessings and Well Wishes

May you find the happiness you seek and the Love thats everlasting

No comments: