Sunday, August 14, 2011

when life gives you rough times...Friends will get you through

Somedays I know I am not the only one who feels alone but than I remember all the awesome people I have met along my way. Yesterday, I witnessed two friends coming together and becoming one. It was a beautiful and great time.  I am so proud of the Johnston's- John and Cassy because I know they can do whatever they set their mind to.
 I then got reminded of all the great friendship I made while in college. Naming them all would take this entire blog so I will stick to the simple THANK YOU! I suppose it is people like you who remind me that I am greater than I envision. However, on the way to the wedding and home I couldn't help but see a plethora of butterflies. I couldn't help but laugh, smile, and even cry a little. Maybe its because this weekend I was reminded that with one person happiness comes another ones sorrow. My parents had to go to the funeral of a wonderful man today who told me all the best places to go when I finally find my way to Texas. It is that irony that sometimes shows it way into my life. Playing out its own harmonics and tunes. Though, it sparked me to get really nerdy on my drive home and wonder what the Ethmology of the word Friend came from. Etymology for those who dont know is the study of words and its origins. Friend is a word that  came into play in the late 14 century english as I have discovered and according to dictionary.com the word has 5 definitions and can sometimes be rarely used as a verb which yeilds two more.
However, I am not out to bore you. I suppose this is me giving out a big electronical thank you to the people who have held my hand, listen to me rant, or even wanted to ring my neck for my stupidity. This is for those still in my life and the friends of the past who have sprinkled a little more essence into my life. To the people who remind me constantly that I am not always right or point out my sense of mysteriousness this is a reminder to you.

This is a reminder that when times get hard. even if I dont speak to you anymore I'm thinking of you. No! I am not saying that to start the motion to world peace but I am saying it from my heart. I am the kind of friends that years from now when life brings you things beyond what we imagined that will secretly have left something in your life. Maybe it was a phrase from a song, or a dance move we created. Prehaps even it was the iron shoulder or the rescue device that pulled you out of despair. I am lucky and honored to have people in my life. Even if I know I don't utilize my support all that often I know that I have countless people who care and who will always be there to laugh with, cry to, and even maybe go a few rounds in the ring.

While I will continue to make new friends the old will continue to always shine through. Like my Best friend once told me along with a quote that spoke to me and I used in my first novel : A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

So, Keep singing...because its these songs that yeild beautiful results. For we merely aren't just a productive of DNA. We are shaped by the people we chose to surround ourself with. People who challenge us and make us defend ourselves.

So when the road of life seems full of potholes. Remember, you always have people to change your tires.

God Bless and be thankful for the people in which the Lord sents in your life. You never know if they are in it for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. So whatever, catagory God put you in for me. Remember that I cherish even the smallest second.

Love and Blessings,

Rowdy Rodeo Girl

No comments: