Friday, January 20, 2012

My Hero

So, this blog may shock or even surprise people. I hope it does neither but opens up some eyes on some things.
So, to start off my family has no member in the military serving...I don't know how hard it is for deployments or anything of that sort. Although, recently I might a veteran. Let's say this veteran and I enjoy talking to each other, we both dig professional bull riding and he happens to look like my best friends who passed away favorite bull rider. He even has the same first name.

So, some of you may think I am crazy for calling this guy I know very little about my hero. However, I know little about a lot of historical people but still feel like the grounds they stood on gave them hero qualities.

He is my hero because he was willing to go fight for my dreams without even knowing me. He took a bullet in the back for me...for us all. He is now home and being a productive member of society and wants to work hard to make this country great again.

While, he doesn't have a clean wrap sheet, what he sees as his downfall is overshadowed by his bravery and commitment.

He isn't my only hero. All the men and women fighting in the armed forces are. I mean for someone to sacrafice so much for me...how could I not hold them to such high esteem.

I suppose what I WANT FROM YOU IS TO RESPECT THEM WHEN THEY MAKE IT HOME, AND PRAY FOR THEIR LOVED ONES WHEN THEY DON'T. THEY ARE THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE AMERICA "Land of the free, home of the brave."

When you run into a Veteran don't ask them about their story. Thank them for their service and duty. Remember that even though one battle is done, they have a bigger one left to do here. Give them the RESPECT they deserve.


Remember, Freedom isn't free. It comes at the cost of bloodshed and tears. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FREEDOM FOR Granted because there are some people wishing they had it but has no one to fight for it.

Thank you and God Bless

No comments: