Monday, January 23, 2012

Scars

Well all have those obvious, outward scars...some of us more than others. The same goes for the internal scars.

Each of them leave a lasting mark, a story, and those dreadful moments some would love to forget. I guess I wanted to start this blog off by saying that I have no intention of pointing blame to anyone. For my internal scars have all be cultivated and healed. Thanks to my Lord and Savior. I suppose what I am writin' this blog for is to help prevent others internal scars from being ripped back open or from happening.

I see a hell of a lot more bullying these days. From simply pickin on someone because of the way they look, a handicap, or for the shear pain it is wrong! YOU DO NOT REACH THE TOP BY DEGRADING SOMEONE ELSE!

I can't be spotless, I have probably said things when I shouldn't...but I have to say I've risen above a lot of the bullyin' I was faced with. Not only because I knew God...My maker saw me as a beautifully created thing but because I knew I was stronger and had a lot more to give.

I am currently embarking on slowly writing bits of my autobiography before I lose it. To say my story is only slightly tattered would be an understatement. However, while I can look at my scars as pure reminders of places I never want to return others constantly feed on the darkness that has been brought out in them.

Now, I am an individual in life who has always friended the weary. Maybe, I do so because I know how to relate or rather I hope that they can learn from me and see that they are more than the tattered pieces or parts of their story.

So, remember that everythin' you say to someone can, in the wrong context, hurt them. It can set off a trigger that you may or may not know about. It is not funny to laugh at someone becuase of the scars butto remind them that while the road of life can become complicated and hard to endure...that they have the strength to see the beauty in it. That beyond the healin scars and scar filled stories is really somethin rather wonderful. It is compiling said scars that has helped me realize the simple beauty life has. Although at times I fall into the darkness I am forever grateful for the people in my life who can make me smile and remind me that this is just yet another detour on the highway I call life.

Blessings and well wishes to you all. May you conquer the scars and become the person you want to be.

No comments: